Saturday, April 01, 2006

Mango Mochi Ice Cream

Mango Mochi, oh how I love thee. This is one of my resurfaced addictions... I used to have a freezer stocked with every flavor of mochi ice cream (coffee, red bean, strawberry, chocolate, green tea, mango, vanilla). For now, I'm on a mango kick, so mango mochi is it.

Mikawaya, the company that invented mochi ice cream in 1993, also has a great store in Little Tokyo. They have all kinds of delicious desserts, FRESH mochi ice cream, and some of the best gelato I have ever tasted. I'll try to get out there soon for a photo review.

Update: Here's my post about Mikawaya

Mikawaya
118 Japanese Village Mall
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-624-1681
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00AM - 6:00PM, Sat-Sun, 9:00AM - 7:00PM

7 comments:

Morris said...

awesome, I will definately be checking it out!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

Oishii Eats said...

I love getting fresh Mochi Icecream from Mikawaya. I used to date the owner's nephew back in HS. Too bad he was a punk.

Colleen Cuisine said...

You're so funny Jeni - I've had my share of those too. The most difficult one to let go was a high school boyfriend who worked at Godiva.

My husband has me locked in tight though - his sister is a pastry chef at the Jean Georges restaurant in Vegas... yum!

e d b m said...

Jeni, where is Mikawaya?

CC, give the Kona Coffee flavor one a shot. These are good.

I see how it is, women only hang on to guys that have access to sweets haha.

Colleen Cuisine said...

Hey EDNBM... I love the coffee ones - they're my second favorite

The Mikawaya address is in my original post - I highly recommend it!

Cybele said...

Wow, I got the Little Tokyo all the time and I had no idea! Thanks for the tip.

Unknown said...

They also sell Mochi at Trader Joe's