This flavorful dish takes only about 10 minutes to prepare. Great for BBQ-ing, which means you can usually trick your man into doing the actual "cooking" part.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
1. Thread the red peppers and chicken on skewers. Transfer to a baking dish.
2. Whisk the soy sauce with the olive oil and curry powder. Pour the marinade over the kebabs and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes up to 1 hour. The longer you marinate, the richer the flavor (I usually marinate for at least 45 minutes). Turn the kebabs every 10 minutes to ensure even marinating on all sides.
3. Light a grill or pre-heat a grill pan. Grill the kebabs over high heat until slightly charred and cooked through.
4. Remove from the grill and serve over brown rice.